Thursday, April 18, 2013

Yard work

It was a great day to help SWAC Husband work in the yard ... overcast, cool, sweet Virginia breeze. Weeds have been trimmed around the rock wall where the mock oranges are in full bloom. Correction: My mom, who saw this photo, has informed me that this is actually a Pearl Bush. I don't know if I'll ever know as much about plants as my mom....

It's been a constant battle picking up tree limbs after every storm and stacking them at the fire pit. Today they were burned so now there's room for the next batch....

The back yard takes a little while to mow but the breeze and clouds made it a nice afternoon in the 73-degree weather ... plus there was the smell of freshly-mowed grass. Wind gusts just about blew my baseball camp off as I hurried to finish because the ever-darkening clouds looked like it could rain at anytime.



Just about finished and taken care of for another week, and no rain materialized. The grass has greened the past week and the warm days and cool nights are making it grow like crazy. It's spring in the Shenandoah Valley....

Photos by Lynn R. Mitchell
April 18, 2013

No comments: