Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Starbucks closed nationwide from 5:30-8:30

Today from 5:30-8:30 every Starbucks in the country is closed down, all 7,100 of them, for emergency retraining of their baristas. They will learn how to make a perfect shot, how to steam milk, and how to wipe the milk steamer before switching from dairy to soy milk.

It is part of a revamping of the coffee giant's image that has become tarnished of late by improperly prepared products.

I'm not a coffee drinker -- I'm always tagging behind my sisters as they hit Starbucks for their coffee jolt -- but I enjoy a hint of mocha. Last summer in Colorado, my sisters decided to find a Starbucks drink I would like ... and a barista heard my plea for caffeine but nothing overly coffee-tasting and whipped up the perfect double-chocolate mocha frappuccino with the caffeine kick I was looking for. It was good!

Great. Just what I needed ... a reason to stop at Starbucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"It is part of a revamping of the coffee giant's image that has become tarnished of late by improperly prepared products."

Good. Maybe the drink I always get won't differ in taste depending on which *bucks I go to.

"...perfect double-chocolate mocha frappuccino..."

The double chocolate chip frappuccinos are awwwesome too.