* 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was captured and is in custody.
* Iraqi forces have taken over security responsibilities from U.S. forces in more than two thirds of Iraqi provinces and helped reduce attacks to the lowest level in more than four years.
* More than six million children now attend Afghan schools, compared to fewer than one million in 2001; a third of these are girls who were previously barred from attending school.
* The Afghan economy has doubled since 2001.
* President Bush implemented the largest reorganization of the Federal national security apparatus since 1947.
* More than 400 individuals and entities that posed a threat to America had assets frozen, transactions blocked, or were isolated from the U.S. financial system.
* The increase in defense funding is the largest increase since the Truman Administration.
* Intelligence experts believe the 2006 plot to blow up multiple passenger jets traveling from London was only weeks from being carried out.
The Bush Record