Saturday, July 14, 2007

BBC Radio comes to SWAC....

The British Broadcasting Company came to the SWAC area this weekend looking for grassroots supporters of the War on Terrorism.

Directed to me because of my campaign with Win the War signs and supporting the troops, I spoke with their reporter yesterday about my support of the President in the war, explained that we live in a pro-military area, and that I know many military folks. I also told her that, because of my memory as a child of the Vietnam War that was lost on the home front, I felt an urgent need to win the psychological war on the home front because the American troops and their families need to know they are supported in the community in this War on Terrorism.

I told the reporter about Support the Troops rallies in downtown Staunton ... and the anti-war protesters who had come out dressed as the Grim Reaper, carrying a sign of the number of U.S. servicemen killed in Iraq, and displaying panels with photos of those killed in action during Operation Iraqi Freedom.

We had a good discussion. We'll see what comes of it all....

3 comments:

Steve Harkonnen said...

Good for you on this one; however, the BBC aren't exactly on our side. They run out to interview palestinians whose children got shot in the West Bank, but refuse to identify the fact that Hamas and other terror groups take out kids on their raids with the sole purpose of getting these kids shot by IDF and then getting it covered by the BBC.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Yes, I realize the BBC is a way-left group ... but it offered the opportunity to express support for President Bush and the war. Kind of like Glenn Beck on CNN ... sometimes it helps to take the conservatism to the liberals because there are people who won't come to our venues so this takes it to them to hear why we support the President.

Steve Harkonnen said...

Good points, but I hope that they don't try and spin on your story.

Bush doesn't get much support these days, but I'd rather have him than Kerry!