Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Random acts of kindness....


We never know when that random act of kindness is going to touch us and make our day. I was the recipient of a random act of kindness today.

The heads-up email came Tuesday:
Lynn,

One of my staff people is dropping off a small token of my appreciation for your hard work. If you see someone pull up and leave an article at your front door tomorrow, don’t worry, it’s a good surprise! I hope you like it and feel energized for the stretch! Sadly, I am out of town till October 1 and will miss the debate party, but I will be watching.

Thanks again for you efforts!

Kelly
Keldon P. Koblick
Valley Financial Services, Inc.
422 Greenville Avenue
Staunton, VA 24401
I responded:
Kelly, I am intrigued! Even if you didn't leave a thing, the mere fact that you expressed your appreciation is more gratifying than you will ever know. I look forward to tomorrow and whatever will be there at the door. Thank you, and travel safely. With kindest regards, Lynn
Today, after being out and about on errands and GOP runs, I returned home to find a box with a card attached at my front door. Opening it, I found a plaque with the News Leader story about me going to the Republican National Convention that appeared on the front page on September 1, 2008. The card read:
Lynn, Thank you for being of service to your community and country!

And congratulations for making the front page and finally getting the recognition that you deserve!

Kelly, Fauna, Lynne & Sarah -- Valley Financial Services
It was a random act of kindness ... and it came at a time when I truly appreciated it. Thank you, Kelly and staff.

1 comment:

Carl Kilo said...

Very very cool Lynn. Congrats my friend.