Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ann Romney's Mother's Day message

Someone else who loves lilacs and their fragrance ... from Ann Romney:

On Mother's Day, Mitt always brings me lilacs, a tradition he started the year I became a mother.

When our home is filled with their fragrance, it reminds me of so many things, and stirs so many emotions. I think of my five sons and the women they married, whom I love as if I had raised them.

It wasn't easy raising five boys. To put it mildly, they had a way of laying their emotions and their disputes on the table. They were a handful - and sometimes I just hoped to return home and find our house still intact.

But after watching this short video that my sons put together for me for Mother's Day, you'll see how my rowdy little boys turned into sweet, wonderful men.


On this day, I always remember my mother. I remember she was a wonderful cook. I remember how much she loved my dad. Ours was a loving home, where I knew the light was always on. I wish I could tell her again how much I love her.

Cherish your mothers. The ones who wiped your tears, who attended all those ball games or ballet recitals. The ones who believed in you, even when nobody else did, even when maybe you didn't believe in yourself.

Women wear many hats in their lives. Daughter, sister, student, breadwinner. But no matter where we are or what we're doing, one hat that moms never take off is the crown of motherhood.

There is no crown more glorious.

Happy Mother's Day.

Ann Romney
www.MittRomney.com

No comments: