Saturday, July 21, 2012

Photos ... Homestead U.S. Senate debate with George Allen and Tim Kaine

The entrance to The Homestead gave a clue there was something going on.


Sadly, we had to run the gauntlet before we could get to the front door.



Former Allen administration Secretary of State Betsy Beamer and Allen campaign manager Mike Thomas.

My press desk partner ... reporter Bob Stuart with the Waynesboro News Virginian.


Former Governor Doug Wilder.

Mrs. Allen (center) as she arrived for the debate.

CNN's Candy Crowley, Tim Kaine, George Allen

Congressman Robert Hurt, former Gov. George Allen, Brooke & Susan Allen
Kaine exited immediately after the debate without talking to anyone but George Allen was surrounded by the press.

... and there was the Democratic tracker Alan whom I first wrote about in May 2011 after a George Allen luncheon in Staunton that I had headed up. I've seen him on the campaign trail since. I think the guy behind him looking at me is the second guy who was in Harrisonburg with Alan tracking Governor Allen in May of this year.


Photos by Lynn R. Mitchell
The Homestead
July 21, 2012

No comments: