"I strongly urge President Bush to nominate a new attorney general who will respect our laws and restore the integrity of the office." —Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass
I have three words for you, Ted Kennedy ... "Mary ... Jo ... Kopechne."
You want a new AG who will respect our laws and restore integrity to the office? Look in a mirror, Senator:
* Senator Ted Kennedy partied at Chappaquiddick in 1969.
* Kennedy, with Mary Jo Kopechne as a passenger, drove vehicle off bridge.
* Kennedy walked (swam) away from the accident leaving Ms. Kopechne in vehicle.
* Kennedy waited approximately nine hours before reporting accident and, then, only after the vehicle had been discovered in the water by a passerby.
* Kennedy could possibly have saved Ms. Kopechne's life if he hadn't left the scene of an accident ... it is estimated she lived up to two hours after the crash in an air pocket in the overturned, submerged vehicle.
Respect our laws?
Restore integrity to the office?
Sir, the man you vilified -- Alberto Gonzales -- was respectful of our laws and brought a great deal of respect to the office. You, Sir, on the other hand....
For a complete timeline and rundown of the Chappaquiddick accident check out Chappaquiddick: A Profile in Cowardice at YTedK.com.
Post a Comment