Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Lowes, Home Depot ... and Fox News

The politics of intimidation continues in the liberal camp. After reading for the second time on a lib blog (RK) that Lowe's Home Improvement had pulled ads from Fox News -- and the libs were urging their minions to contact Home Depot to do the same -- I decided to find out if it was true.

It's only partially true.

RK's blog said, "With word that Home Depot is following Lowe's in pulling ads from Fox News, the pressure is working."

I called Lowe's corporate office in Wilkesboro, NC, where I was told Lowe's ads had been removed from the O'Reilly "Factor" program but they had not been pulled from any other Fox News shows. I expressed my disappointment. It takes two minutes to contact and add your voice to those who disagree with Lowe's decision: 1-800-445-6937 or go to website to send an email.

I then called Home Depot's corporate office in Atlanta and received contact information for those who would like to urge them to continue advertising on Fox News. Another two minutes to ask they not pull ads: 1-800-654-0688 or (770) 384-4646 or email.

Please counter the libs' politics of intimidation.

3 comments:

Writer said...

craziness! I have emailed both stores and will not shop at Lowes if this continues

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

I never expected this of Lowe's whose corporate headquarters is in the Bible Belt area of NC.

I agree that it makes me want to stop shopping there because they caved to a small percentage of complainers. If others pick up the info and pass it on to friends we may be able to make a point to Lowe's to reinstate advertising during O'Reilly's show, and to Home Depot that we don't expect them to listen to a small but vocal group.

Thanks for taking the time to contact both stores.

Writer said...

I received a response from Lowe's today. They try to intimidate folks from publishing their responses via their onerous ‘notice’ at the front of the email that in part says, "below may be proprietary, confidential, privileged and otherwise protected from improper or erroneous disclosure". I am not a lawyer, but I doubt an email I receive in response to a public issue is in any way private.

I doubt this is anything specific to Lowes, but it is disconcerting.

Anyway, here is what they told me. "Lowe’s constantly reviews advertising buys to make certain they are consistent with its policy guidelines. The O’Reilly Factor does not meet Lowe’s advertising guidelines, and the company’s advertising will no longer appear during the program.

We are dedicated to providing the best service, products, and shopping environment in the home improvement industry. All three of these are very important to our business, and our customers will always be our number one priority."

What they are saying is that the O'Reilly Factor in some ways harms all or one of the factors of service, products, or shopping environment. Got me how Bill does all of that. But this is the end of my Lowe's experiences. Hello Home Depot!!