Tuesday, March 27, 2007

White House spokesman Tony Snow ... our prayers are with him

Tony Snow's cancer has returned and spread to his liver. After surgery yesterday to remove what was believed to be a benign growth, it was discovered it was cancerous.

Please ... not Tony. He's one of the good guys. He's young. He's got a family. He's a nice man. He has been excellent in the position as press spokesman for President George W. Bush. We need him.

Unfortunately, these things have their own timeline and what we want has nothing to do with it. I hate cancer. It's insidious. It's ugly. It's unrelenting. It ravages its victims leaving them a shell of their former selves. I lived through my own dad's cancer years ago, and it finally took him at the age of 51. It's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Prayers of healing and best wishes go to Tony and his family....

No comments: