Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thoughts on a rainy night....

A little of this and that on a rainy night....

I roamed through Pastures District today on campaign business. The leaves have changed colors quite a bit the past week....

Afterwards I went to Afton Mountain, drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway, along Howardsville Turnpike. I'm one of those rare people who likes to camp in the rain ... there's something cozy about a tent when it's raining outside ... so today being in the mountains in the rain and fog reminded me of camping in inclement weather....

The drizzle of rain was a welcome companion as I drove all over. I didn't mind being out in it ... it was just nice to have it....

Attended the Augusta County Board of Supervisors meeting tonight. It ran long ... I left after two hours. It was pouring rain as I drove home. Leaves are covering road surfaces making it slick as ice ... did not see deer tonight but last night as I made my way home at midnight I had to almost stop four times on my winding country road to avoid hitting deer....

SWAC Girl was picked up by a progressive blog called Buzz Flash when they disagreed with my comments about Nancy Pelosi rebuking Rep. Pete Stark for his comments about President Bush watching our troops' heads blown off for his enjoyment. They linked to my Pete Stark rebuked by Nancy Pelosi ... inappropriate remarks post....

Prayers are with those who have lost homes in the raging wildfires in California....

My sister recently returned from Anchorage, Alaska, where she spent the final eleven days with her friend Natalie who died of breast cancer. She was 50 -- way too young to die -- and leaves an eight-year-old son.

My sister lived a number of years in Alaska -- what a gorgeous place. I stayed at Natalie's cabin when there one summer ... I want to go back....

It's another rainy night sleeping with the window open and listening to the sound of the rain on the fallen leaves....

The Shenandoah Valley ... what a place to call home.

No comments: